Commercial Broker Price Opinions
Finally, a high touch, compliant solution that meets your budget.
Since 2001, Clear Capital’s Commercial BPOs have offered the same high levels of quality and service to our customers, fulfilling a very critical valuation need.
Because all commercial needs can’t be met by a residential BPO, our commercial appraisers designed a user-friendly, comprehensive report that considers sales-only, sales and listings and sales and income approaches. Clear Capital’s Commercial BPOs can be completed on a wide range of property types, including office, retail, industrial, apartment, hotel, vacant land, and special purpose properties.
The complexity of commercial valuations requires the expertise of a commercially trained team. Working with Clear Capital means you have a certified general appraiser with the MRICS designation, several certified general appraisers, a former commercial loan underwriter and multiple commercial quality analysts on your team.
- All brokers and agents are commercially trained with a minimum of two years real estate experience, have listed/sold at least five commercial properties or valued at least 10 commercial properties within the last year.
- Each commercial BPO is reviewed by a dedicated Commercial Quality Assurance Analyst to ensure the story told within the report supports the broker’s or agent’s value conclusion.
- Nationwide subscriptions to CoStar ensure the most relevant comparables are considered in the report.
- The highest rated commercially trained brokers and agents are performing Clear Capital’s Commercial BPOs for the best boots-on-the-ground perspective.
|On all Commercial BPOs, the first order of business is validating the subject address and borrower, property, loan, and inspection details to make sure we’re focused on the right property and the right value assumptions.|
|The As-Is Market Price and Repaired Price are front-and-center. Sales Comparison is always included and Income Capitalization can be added on as necessary.|
|Here’s where we dig into the details. We share relevant property information, including construction quality, site utility, zoning, assessment information and more. To give you a full understanding of the property’s positioning within its market, we provide an in-depth look at the local neighborhood, local home price trends, vacancy rates, and the current and projected use of the property based on any improvements and zoning.|
|Local Sales and Listings|
|Clear Capital’s Commercial BPOs offer insights into sales of similar properties, helping you better understand price ranges and value discrepancies. Current listings are also analyzed. In all, more than 20 data points are scrutinized within each comparable. Price adjustments for each sale are then added along with a value reconciliation. Broker comments highlight the similarities and differences between each comparable and the subject so you’re always clear on why the comparable may be superior or inferior to the commercial subject.|
|The potential cash flow for the property could affect the final price conclusion. Each report compares the subject’s contract rent (if applicable) and comparable rental incomes, and provides an opinion of market rent and potential gross income for the subject. Vacancy and operating expenses, estimated net operating income and supportable capitalization rates are then applied and figured into the final price opinion.|
|If you need both a sales comparison price and income capitalization price, we reconcile the two and provide a value estimate based on the best approach. Broker commentary draws out the relative strengths and weaknesses of each approach, including value discrepancies, distances outside of range and REO considerations.|
|Photos of both the subject and comparables help to further identify the subject characteristics and comparable selection.|
The Clear Capital Commercial BPO is your reliable, cost effective option option when:
- Updating the value of commercial loan collateral will help you determine your servicing strategy
- Evaluating risk on a particular loan or pool, on both the buy and sell sides of a transaction
- Determining list prices when selling individual assets or evaluating the outcome of a potential sale